Monday, January 7, 2008

The Future of Content

I just found myself uploading 2007 Alumni Advisor content to a couple of free online article hubs I found on Google.

www.articledashboard.com
www.freeforallarticles.com

My primary incentive here (aside from the intrinsic philanthropic knowledge-spreading motivator which of course is always present) is simply to drive a couple of extra hits to www.thealumniadvisor.com and increase awareness of the publication/website. Leaving these articles free to be used and re-used for any and all purposes like VIVA paper towels and my gym bag from high school.

Nothing directly monetary, whatsoever.

We have seen lately a (what I believe might be a hint at a HUGE) trend towards donation-driven content (see Radiohead's In Rainbows post-success interview with Wired or the Steal This Film project and it's latest Part II release). TorrentSpy just released information saying that the average donation given to see Steal This Film... $15!!! (source: Mashable.com)

This screams that quality, niche content - when reaching the right audience, is worth a premium to its consumers. Or at least it's worth SOMETHING!




+ FUTURE OF CONTENT =








I just started cooking up a new idea about two hours ago to help many other content providers out there (bloggers, indie film makers, upcoming bands, aspiring authors) to achieve financial success by following their passions and getting paid for it - by you, me, and anyone else that wants to help that individual keep offering their content to the world. I'll keep you posted.

What other ways are there to help content providers make money that I haven't heard of yet?

No comments: