Wednesday, January 9, 2008

A potential partner, or two

You know, I was just going to Share this story in my Links feed, but I'm too excited. Maybe I'm too easily swooned by certain people/products/companies/sites that seem to speak my language; alas, I can't resist a short spell of ogling over up-and-comer's, young entrepreneurs, and clever writing.

Ben Casnocha. Just discovered his blog, book, and bio from an excellent post from user Prakblr on the message board of a Shelfari group I started on Entrepreneurship. (Shelfari is a social networking site - you create your virtual "book shelf" and are given a host of sharing and networking features to display your shelf and view others' shelves. My group has grown to 108 members, and I've done next to nil to promote it (i.e. letting Shelfari do the heavy lifting for me). Makes me optimistic about the future of www.thealumniadvisor.com and other networking site ideas we have on the backburner). I digress.

After 20 min of reading, Ben seems to have a definitive edge, carving out a nice niche in the "young entrepreneur success" department. He will have to step up his game after graduating from college to maintain his inertia. With less than half an hour of reading, I feel pretty confident he will do just that.

His book: My Start-Up Life. Yes, I am jealous... jealous that I did not write this book before he did.

This is the post that mandated the formal entry into my blog - What We'd Wish We'd Known In College.

He's merely taking excerpts from n+1's What We Should Have Known pub, but seeing the excerpts he chose seems like a tell-tale sign to me that we're vibrating close to the same frequency.

2 comments:

Ben Casnocha said...

hope you get a chance to check out the book!

prakash murthy said...

:-)

Glad that you found my post on Shelfari interesting.

I see Ben himself found your post and commented on it!! Awesome!!